Welcome!


Welcome!! My name is Paul Lappen. I am in my early 60s, single, and live in Connecticut USA. This blog will consist of book reviews, written by me, on a wide variety of subjects. I specialize, as much as possible, in small press and self-published books, to give them whatever tiny bit of publicity help that I can. Other than that, I am willing to review nearly any genre, except poetry, romance, elementary-school children's books and (really bloody) horror.

I have another 800 reviews at my archive blog: http://www.deadtreesreviewarchive.blogspot.com (please visit).

I post my reviews to:

booklore.co.uk
midwestbookreview.com
Amazon and B&N (of course)
Librarything.com
Goodreads.com
Books-a-million.com
Reviewcentre.com
Pinterest.com
and on Twitter

I am always looking for more places to post my reviews.

Tuesday, February 6, 2024

Self-Publishing: The Secret Guide to Becoming a Best Seller

 Self-Publishing: The Secret Guide to Becoming a Best Seller, Richard McCartney, 2021

 

You have just written what you think is the Next Great Novel. How does that book becomes a best seller?

 

The usual method is through Google Ads, more ads on Twitter and Facebook, posting on other people's blogs and hiring a freelancer to publicize your book to thousands of e-mail addresses. The conversion rate, people who buy your book because they saw one of your ads, is usually microscopic (one percent or less). The author has a much more reliable method to do it.

 

Like it or not, Amazon is the world's largest seller of books; all roads lead to Amazon. Most customers will go to, for instance, the Suspense and Thrillers section, look through the Top 20 and choose one of them. Getting your book into the Top 20 starts with the category that you choose for your book. Don't choose just Suspense and Thrillers; you are competing against all those big-name authors. Find some niche, or sub-niche, within Suspense and Thrillers, and your journey to Number 1 may be much easier. If you do reach Number 1 in your sub-niche, Amazon will move your book higher in the main Suspense and Thrillers list, maybe into the Top 20.

 

This is a must-read for all authors. Marketing your book is as hard, if not harder, than actually writing it. This book makes it much easier. It is highly recommended. 

No comments:

Post a Comment