Welcome!


Welcome!! My name is Paul Lappen. I am in my early 60s, single, and live in Connecticut USA. This blog will consist of book reviews, written by me, on a wide variety of subjects. I specialize, as much as possible, in small press and self-published books, to give them whatever tiny bit of publicity help that I can. Other than that, I am willing to review nearly any genre, except poetry, romance, elementary-school children's books and (really bloody) horror.

I have another 800 reviews at my archive blog: http://www.deadtreesreviewarchive.blogspot.com (please visit).

I post my reviews to:

booklore.co.uk
midwestbookreview.com
Amazon and B&N (of course)
Librarything.com
Goodreads.com
Books-a-million.com
Reviewcentre.com
Pinterest.com
and on Twitter

I am always looking for more places to post my reviews.

Saturday, November 13, 2021

A Morsel of Happiness

 A Morsel of Happiness, Javad Saffarzadeh, Independently Published

In the past, a number of people have asked the author "Why are you so happy all the time?" This book is his attempt at an answer.

He starts by looking at the less-pleasant parts of daily life. On the subject of complaining, it won't change the negative event that has happened. Accept it; let the anger come (and let it go), and focus on solutions. Don't focus too much on the negative; go for a long walk or listen to your favorite music. Temperamental, or negative, people seem to be everywhere. Avoid them when possible; when not possible, come up with your own bad mood prevention system, or they might turn you into them.

On the positive side, the author talks about gratitude. Think of life like cable TV. If a person always watches channels like CNN or Fox News, they can become depressed, angry or paranoid. Everyone needs an occasional Hallmark Movie in their life (figuratively, if not literally) to remind them that the world is not all doom and gloom. Physical activity is a good way to keep depression away. It is important to keep physically and mentally busy (energy begets energy). If you attempt to keep a positive attitude, positive things will happen to you. If you keep a negative attitude, then negative things will happen to you.

This book also summarizes actual scientific studies on these subjects; this is more than just the author's opinion. This is an excellent book, bordering on being an amazing book. Everyone needs some hope or optimism in their life, at one time or another. Here is a wonderful place to start. 

No comments:

Post a Comment