Welcome!


Welcome!! My name is Paul Lappen. I am in my early 60s, single, and live in Connecticut USA. This blog will consist of book reviews, written by me, on a wide variety of subjects. I specialize, as much as possible, in small press and self-published books, to give them whatever tiny bit of publicity help that I can. Other than that, I am willing to review nearly any genre, except poetry, romance, elementary-school children's books and (really bloody) horror.

I have another 800 reviews at my archive blog: http://www.deadtreesreviewarchive.blogspot.com (please visit).

I post my reviews to:

booklore.co.uk
midwestbookreview.com
Amazon and B&N (of course)
Librarything.com
Goodreads.com
Books-a-million.com
Reviewcentre.com
Pinterest.com
and on Twitter

I am always looking for more places to post my reviews.

Sunday, November 14, 2021

The Shadowverse

 The Shadowverse, J.C. Gallo, Independently Published, 2018

This book is about average college student Johnny Sparks, and his friends. An encounter with a mysterious stranger has given them all superhero-level powers.

Things get serious when Rose, one of the group, is taken by an alien warlord named Titan. He is the sort of being who aims to bring his brand of peace and tranquility to the galaxy, one planet at a time. Killing millions of innocent people to get control of a planet doesn't bother him. Earth is next on his list. The rest of the group travels many light years to get help from a legendary ex-samurai named Lung, who has been missing for centuries. Lung is the only person to have killed Titan in the past. Can this informal group of friends, and new superheroes, defeat the most powerful being in the galaxy? Can they get Rose back, body and soul?

This teen novel is very well done. The characters are very relatable, and there is enough action for anyone. There is lots of good writing in this story that would make a really good movie. 

No comments:

Post a Comment