Welcome!


Welcome!! My name is Paul Lappen. I am in my early 60s, single, and live in Connecticut USA. This blog will consist of book reviews, written by me, on a wide variety of subjects. I specialize, as much as possible, in small press and self-published books, to give them whatever tiny bit of publicity help that I can. Other than that, I am willing to review nearly any genre, except poetry, romance, elementary-school children's books and (really bloody) horror.

I have another 800 reviews at my archive blog: http://www.deadtreesreviewarchive.blogspot.com (please visit).

I post my reviews to:

booklore.co.uk
midwestbookreview.com
Amazon and B&N (of course)
Librarything.com
Goodreads.com
Books-a-million.com
Reviewcentre.com
Pinterest.com
and on Twitter

I am always looking for more places to post my reviews.

Friday, November 26, 2021

The Brother's Curse

 The Brother’s Curse, Christine M Germain, Independently Published, 2020

 

A woman named Crystal moves back to her hometown of Lakeview Falls, a year after the murder of her parents. A neighbor's house is being watched by the very handsome Jason Warwick. Just before her 25th birthday, Crystal receives an antique purple amethyst necklace, left to her by her mother. It is not just any necklace. A pair of 18th century brothers, who are also shapeshifters, will stop at nothing to get the necklace, including murder. It holds two dozen shapeshifters captive, including their father. Is Jason one of the shapeshifter brothers?

This is a really interesting story. It has good characters, enough gore and horror (without going too far) and some good storytelling. It is very much worth reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment