Welcome!


Welcome!! My name is Paul Lappen. I am in my early 60s, single, and live in Connecticut USA. This blog will consist of book reviews, written by me, on a wide variety of subjects. I specialize, as much as possible, in small press and self-published books, to give them whatever tiny bit of publicity help that I can. Other than that, I am willing to review nearly any genre, except poetry, romance, elementary-school children's books and (really bloody) horror.

I have another 800 reviews at my archive blog: http://www.deadtreesreviewarchive.blogspot.com (please visit).

I post my reviews to:

booklore.co.uk
midwestbookreview.com
Amazon and B&N (of course)
Librarything.com
Goodreads.com
Books-a-million.com
Reviewcentre.com
Pinterest.com
and on Twitter

I am always looking for more places to post my reviews.

Friday, November 26, 2021

Where Secrets Lie

 Where Secrets Lie, Ebony Kent, Independently Published, 2013

 

Kara Everitt is a newly-minted police detective. Her target is the Caswell family, a very secretive local family. They are suspected in several unsolved crimes over the years, including the murder of Kara's parents. Alyssa, her younger sister, is totally infatuated with them.

At a fancy party in her honor, Kara, impulsively, offers to serve the Caswells. Michael, the family patriarch, makes Kara his own personal pet. She quickly learns that they really are vampires. As time goes on, a bond forms between Kara and Michael. She struggles with her duties as a detective and as a sister. Can Kara save her sister from the Caswells? Can Kara save herself?

This is an interesting story. It's got vampires and romance, and some good plot twists. For vampire fans, this is worth reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment