Welcome!


Welcome!! My name is Paul Lappen. I am in my early 60s, single, and live in Connecticut USA. This blog will consist of book reviews, written by me, on a wide variety of subjects. I specialize, as much as possible, in small press and self-published books, to give them whatever tiny bit of publicity help that I can. Other than that, I am willing to review nearly any genre, except poetry, romance, elementary-school children's books and (really bloody) horror.

I have another 800 reviews at my archive blog: http://www.deadtreesreviewarchive.blogspot.com (please visit).

I post my reviews to:

booklore.co.uk
midwestbookreview.com
Amazon and B&N (of course)
Librarything.com
Goodreads.com
Books-a-million.com
Reviewcentre.com
Pinterest.com
and on Twitter

I am always looking for more places to post my reviews.

Friday, November 26, 2021

The Ecstatic Stock Market

 The Ecstatic Stock Market, David Rasmussen, Spinning Penny Media, 2021

 

Everyone wants to understand why the present-day stock market acts the way it does, The author uses his many years of investing experience, and his study of subjects like game theory, physics and chaos theory, to attempts an explanation.

Throughout history, there have been many financial bubbles, going back to the Tulip Bubble of the 1600's. Over time, the life of these bubbles has gotten shorter and shorter. The author asserts that we are currently in the biggest bubble of our lifetime. The 2007 Real Estate Bubble and the current Bitcoin Bubble are part of a much bigger bubble. No bubble lasts forever. When will this bubble pop? Read the book.

This is a very specialized book; it is not a Beginner's book. It is different in that it explores fractals, evolution, and the writings of Terence McKenna, Ray Kurzweil and James Joyce. For experienced investors who want an idea as to what is coming, here is a very good place to start.

No comments:

Post a Comment