Welcome!


Welcome!! My name is Paul Lappen. I am in my early 60s, single, and live in Connecticut USA. This blog will consist of book reviews, written by me, on a wide variety of subjects. I specialize, as much as possible, in small press and self-published books, to give them whatever tiny bit of publicity help that I can. Other than that, I am willing to review nearly any genre, except poetry, romance, elementary-school children's books and (really bloody) horror.

I have another 800 reviews at my archive blog: http://www.deadtreesreviewarchive.blogspot.com (please visit).

I post my reviews to:

booklore.co.uk
midwestbookreview.com
Amazon and B&N (of course)
Librarything.com
Goodreads.com
Books-a-million.com
Reviewcentre.com
Pinterest.com
and on Twitter

I am always looking for more places to post my reviews.

Friday, November 26, 2021

Escape to the Stars

 Escape to the Stars, Mark Sneed, ABM Publications, Inc., 2021

 

In this story, Earth is no longer habitable, and what's left of humanity is in two small settlements orbiting Saturn and Neptune. Finding other habitable planets is very important to the Interstellar Committee.

The Galactic Space Marines (mostly teenagers) are sent to rescue stranded scientists, and their equipment, on a newly discovered planet. The animals who inhabit the planet should pose no problem. Just a quick rescue mission, right?

Drake, a mechanic, is contacted by the planet's governing intelligence. It asks for his help in a planetary war for survival. Do the humans help? Does everyone live "happily ever after?"

This turns into a really good book. It takes a while to get "going," but it turns into an enjoyable story with good characters. I hope that this is the start of a series.

No comments:

Post a Comment