Welcome!


Welcome!! My name is Paul Lappen. I am in my early 60s, single, and live in Connecticut USA. This blog will consist of book reviews, written by me, on a wide variety of subjects. I specialize, as much as possible, in small press and self-published books, to give them whatever tiny bit of publicity help that I can. Other than that, I am willing to review nearly any genre, except poetry, romance, elementary-school children's books and (really bloody) horror.

I have another 800 reviews at my archive blog: http://www.deadtreesreviewarchive.blogspot.com (please visit).

I post my reviews to:

booklore.co.uk
midwestbookreview.com
Amazon and B&N (of course)
Librarything.com
Goodreads.com
Books-a-million.com
Reviewcentre.com
Pinterest.com
and on Twitter

I am always looking for more places to post my reviews.

Thursday, February 23, 2023

Are You a 360 Alpha?

 Are You a 360 Alpha?, Kabir Wats, 2022

 

Everyone has heard of the term "alpha male." How does one get there? Is there any hope for those of us who are not young, rich or handsome? This book is here to help.

 

More than half of this book talks about relations with women. No, this is not "How To Get a Woman Into Your Bed in 10 Easy Lessons." It's all about building a decent and mutual relationship with her. There are many things that a man can do that will help, but here are some things to not do. Do not tell her that she is the most important thing in your life. Do not buy her a gift to "fix" some stupid thing that you said or did. Do not buy her a gift, expecting something, like sex, in return. Those actions do not sound like a strong, confident alpha male, ready to take on the world, single-handedly.

 

The book also explores finances and health. Living at home, with your parents, because you can't afford to get your own place, does not scream "alpha male." Having a treatable physical condition, like obesity, because you are too lazy to do anything about it, does not scream "alpha male."

 

Here is a very interesting and eye-opening book. It is very easy to read and understand. Maybe there is hope for those of us who think that becoming an alpha male is just impossible. This is very much worth reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment