Welcome!


Welcome!! My name is Paul Lappen. I am in my early 60s, single, and live in Connecticut USA. This blog will consist of book reviews, written by me, on a wide variety of subjects. I specialize, as much as possible, in small press and self-published books, to give them whatever tiny bit of publicity help that I can. Other than that, I am willing to review nearly any genre, except poetry, romance, elementary-school children's books and (really bloody) horror.

I have another 800 reviews at my archive blog: http://www.deadtreesreviewarchive.blogspot.com (please visit).

I post my reviews to:

booklore.co.uk
midwestbookreview.com
Amazon and B&N (of course)
Librarything.com
Goodreads.com
Books-a-million.com
Reviewcentre.com
Pinterest.com
and on Twitter

I am always looking for more places to post my reviews.

Sunday, February 19, 2023

YouTube: How Much Can Users Really Make?

 YouTube: How Much Can Users Really Make?, Liz Fe Lifestyle, 2021

 

Becoming a YouTube influencer sounds pretty easy. Post a few videos on the site, and, within a short time, you have half a million followers. Soon after that, YouTube starts sending you monthly checks with lots of zeros. Simple, right? Wrong, according to this book.

 

Where do your views come from? Clicks from American viewers are more lucrative than clicks from foreign viewers. If possible, make your videos at least ten minutes long. That length allows YouTube to stick an ad in the middle. Make sure that your videos are "family-friendly." If not, Forget about making any money from them.

 

It is possible to make Kim Kardashian-level money from YouTube. Making hundreds, not thousands, of dollars per month is much more likely. A better way to make money is from partnerships, or sponsorships, with related companies. Another good idea is to use your YouTube channel to, for instance, publicize your line of skin care products, or your budding music career.

 

This is a really good introduction to the world of YouTube influencing. There is a lot to think about, but, if you want to do the work, success is possible. Here is an excellent place to begin your influencer journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment