Welcome!


Welcome!! My name is Paul Lappen. I am in my early 60s, single, and live in Connecticut USA. This blog will consist of book reviews, written by me, on a wide variety of subjects. I specialize, as much as possible, in small press and self-published books, to give them whatever tiny bit of publicity help that I can. Other than that, I am willing to review nearly any genre, except poetry, romance, elementary-school children's books and (really bloody) horror.

I have another 800 reviews at my archive blog: http://www.deadtreesreviewarchive.blogspot.com (please visit).

I post my reviews to:

booklore.co.uk
midwestbookreview.com
Amazon and B&N (of course)
Librarything.com
Goodreads.com
Books-a-million.com
Reviewcentre.com
Pinterest.com
and on Twitter

I am always looking for more places to post my reviews.

Friday, February 3, 2023

Isle of Dragons: The Hidden Library

 Isle of Dragons: The Hidden Library, L.A. Thompson, 2022

Part 2 of a series, this Young Adult novel is set in a steampunk world where the race is on to find a strange magic library. It is key to winning the war against the corrupt, and hated, King Jarrod.

 

Jade and Kaylen were friends; now they are on opposite sides (Kaylen now works for Jarrod). The library, by itself, is not the subject of the search; they are looking for a portal inside the library. Kaylen has to decide who, and what, is worth sacrificing. Jade, and a dragon-taming witch named Miria, have to stop Kaylen from opening the portal between worlds before it's too late.

 

This one is really good. The author has a very imaginative style, and has written a very colorful fantasy tale. It has action, and steampunk and dragons. It may be intended as a Young Adult novel, but adults will also enjoy it.

No comments:

Post a Comment