Welcome!


Welcome!! My name is Paul Lappen. I am in my early 60s, single, and live in Connecticut USA. This blog will consist of book reviews, written by me, on a wide variety of subjects. I specialize, as much as possible, in small press and self-published books, to give them whatever tiny bit of publicity help that I can. Other than that, I am willing to review nearly any genre, except poetry, romance, elementary-school children's books and (really bloody) horror.

I have another 800 reviews at my archive blog: http://www.deadtreesreviewarchive.blogspot.com (please visit).

I post my reviews to:

booklore.co.uk
midwestbookreview.com
Amazon and B&N (of course)
Librarything.com
Goodreads.com
Books-a-million.com
Reviewcentre.com
Pinterest.com
and on Twitter

I am always looking for more places to post my reviews.

Saturday, July 24, 2021

Guided Ignatian Contemplation

 Guided Ignatian Contemplation: Meditations on the Gospels to Come Closer to the Heart of Jesus, Lawrence Keller, Independently Published, 2021

This is a group of meditations based on events during the earthly ministry of Jesus.

Many of the major events while He was here are included in this book. Jesus is baptized by John the Baptist. Jesus heals a leper. He heals Bartimaeus, a blind man, on the road to Jericho. Jesus calms the storm, and multiplies the loaves and fishes. He is transfigured, and is anointed before His death. Included are readings from the Old and New Testament, to help the reader better contemplate each event.

Personally, the best part of this book is that each event becomes a short story, instead of just a Bible reading. This makes it much easier for the reader to understand. For anyone who wants a closer relationship with God, or just wants a better understanding of some important Bible events, here is the place to start. It is very much worth reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment