Welcome!


Welcome!! My name is Paul Lappen. I am in my early 60s, single, and live in Connecticut USA. This blog will consist of book reviews, written by me, on a wide variety of subjects. I specialize, as much as possible, in small press and self-published books, to give them whatever tiny bit of publicity help that I can. Other than that, I am willing to review nearly any genre, except poetry, romance, elementary-school children's books and (really bloody) horror.

I have another 800 reviews at my archive blog: http://www.deadtreesreviewarchive.blogspot.com (please visit).

I post my reviews to:

booklore.co.uk
midwestbookreview.com
Amazon and B&N (of course)
Librarything.com
Goodreads.com
Books-a-million.com
Reviewcentre.com
Pinterest.com
and on Twitter

I am always looking for more places to post my reviews.

Sunday, July 4, 2021

Pegan Diet Cookbook

 Pegan Diet Cookbook, Nicole Gibbs, Independently Published, 2021

What the heck is the pegan diet?

It combines the paleo diet, which tries to replicate the diet from the Paleolithic Era, over 2 million years ago, with veganism. The paleo diet emphasizes fruits, fish, vegetables, meat and nuts. It forbids dairy, wheat, sugar, oils, salt, alcohol and coffee. Veganism allows only plant-based foods to be eaten, and forbids animal-based foods. The pegan diet requires adherents to consume 25 percent of their calories from animal sources, while the other 75 percent comes from plants.

A diet that forbids sugar, starch, refined carbohydrates, genetically modified organisms, dairy, gluten and beans (most of the time) will do wonderful things to your overall health. It can help you lose weight, prevent heart disease, lower blood pressure and cholesterol, and prevent diabetes. This book also has many recipes for breakfast, lunch and dinner.

The author admits that this is not an easy diet to follow. Even if all that a person can do, for now, is replace fast food with healthy smoothies, that can only help. For anyone with chronic health problems, it's not like there is anything to lose. Try the recipes in this book; it is worth your time.

No comments:

Post a Comment