Welcome!


Welcome!! My name is Paul Lappen. I am in my early 60s, single, and live in Connecticut USA. This blog will consist of book reviews, written by me, on a wide variety of subjects. I specialize, as much as possible, in small press and self-published books, to give them whatever tiny bit of publicity help that I can. Other than that, I am willing to review nearly any genre, except poetry, romance, elementary-school children's books and (really bloody) horror.

I have another 800 reviews at my archive blog: http://www.deadtreesreviewarchive.blogspot.com (please visit).

I post my reviews to:

booklore.co.uk
midwestbookreview.com
Amazon and B&N (of course)
Librarything.com
Goodreads.com
Books-a-million.com
Reviewcentre.com
Pinterest.com
and on Twitter

I am always looking for more places to post my reviews.

Saturday, July 17, 2021

Saving the Light of Justice

 Saving the Light of Justice, Barry Nadel, Independently Published, 2021

In part 2 of a series, three members of an Israeli archaeological expedition are stuck in solitary confinement in a Spanish prison. International economic and media pressure force the king to pardon them. They almost don't make it out of prison alive.

A senior member of the Spanish Government wants to lure Yoshua, leader of the expedition, back to Spain, to label him as a terrorist, and to kill him. A pair of elderly Hoshiyans (kind of like a secret society) save Yoshua from an ambush. There is an action-packed shootout, where Yoshua captures the senior government official. Yoshua gets the chapel back, and its priceless artifacts. The excavating continues, while the Vatican would like the thing to quickly go away.

This book is a little less Wow! than part 1, but it is still an excellent story. It's more of an emotional book, as the Israelis deal with what they found in a sealed room inside the Spanish chapel (it involves the Spanish Inquisition). There is enough action here for anyone, and this book cannot easily be put down. It easily gets 5 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment