Welcome!


Welcome!! My name is Paul Lappen. I am in my early 60s, single, and live in Connecticut USA. This blog will consist of book reviews, written by me, on a wide variety of subjects. I specialize, as much as possible, in small press and self-published books, to give them whatever tiny bit of publicity help that I can. Other than that, I am willing to review nearly any genre, except poetry, romance, elementary-school children's books and (really bloody) horror.

I have another 800 reviews at my archive blog: http://www.deadtreesreviewarchive.blogspot.com (please visit).

I post my reviews to:

booklore.co.uk
midwestbookreview.com
Amazon and B&N (of course)
Librarything.com
Goodreads.com
Books-a-million.com
Reviewcentre.com
Pinterest.com
and on Twitter

I am always looking for more places to post my reviews.

Saturday, July 17, 2021

The Ultimate Baby and Newborn Book for Dads

 The Ultimate Baby and Newborn Book for Dads, Bradford Alberts, Independently Published, 2020

Your partner has just presented you with a Positive pregnancy test. After the joy and hugs, the question quickly becomes "What do I do now?" This book attempts to answer that question.

The book explains what to expect during pregnancy. Her hormones will probably go haywire. This may manifest itself physically, or emotionally. Your job is to support her as much as possible, even with her strange food cravings in the middle of the night. The book also talks about what to expect during the first three months of your baby's life. Before the baby is born, baby-proof the house, as much as possible, and shop for baby clothes, along with things for the nursery.

Discuss, ahead of time, the role you will play in the delivery room. Bonding with your baby, the right way, is also very important. The author also talks about common illnesses, and what to do if it becomes more serious (be prepared for considerable spitting up).

This book belongs in the phone, or tablet, or somewhere easily accessible, of every new father and not-yet-father in America. The author does a first-rate job in making the childbirth process as easy for men as possible. This easily gets 5 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment