Welcome!


Welcome!! My name is Paul Lappen. I am in my early 60s, single, and live in Connecticut USA. This blog will consist of book reviews, written by me, on a wide variety of subjects. I specialize, as much as possible, in small press and self-published books, to give them whatever tiny bit of publicity help that I can. Other than that, I am willing to review nearly any genre, except poetry, romance, elementary-school children's books and (really bloody) horror.

I have another 800 reviews at my archive blog: http://www.deadtreesreviewarchive.blogspot.com (please visit).

I post my reviews to:

booklore.co.uk
midwestbookreview.com
Amazon and B&N (of course)
Librarything.com
Goodreads.com
Books-a-million.com
Reviewcentre.com
Pinterest.com
and on Twitter

I am always looking for more places to post my reviews.

Saturday, May 22, 2021

Communication Essentials

 Communication Essentials (The Complete MBA Course Work Series), Hicham and Mohamed Ibnalkadi, 2021

Part of a series that attempts to provide an affordable MBA education, this short book is all about business communications. This book does not cover shaking hands (or fist bumps or elbow bumps) or looking people in the eye or remembering people's names.

Instead, this book looks at advanced persuasive speaking. The goals of persuasive speeches or presentations include stimulating a person to do something, and convincing your audience that your point of view is correct. The types of persuasive speeches are: propositions of fact, of policy and of value. Your audience will range from supportive to hostile. A person connects with an audience through concepts like trustworthiness, being similar to your audience, your reputation and your authority.

Whether you are a politician giving a big public speech, or you are giving a big presentation at work, this book is worth reading. It is very short, less than 30 pages, and can be very helpful.

No comments:

Post a Comment