Welcome!


Welcome!! My name is Paul Lappen. I am in my early 60s, single, and live in Connecticut USA. This blog will consist of book reviews, written by me, on a wide variety of subjects. I specialize, as much as possible, in small press and self-published books, to give them whatever tiny bit of publicity help that I can. Other than that, I am willing to review nearly any genre, except poetry, romance, elementary-school children's books and (really bloody) horror.

I have another 800 reviews at my archive blog: http://www.deadtreesreviewarchive.blogspot.com (please visit).

I post my reviews to:

booklore.co.uk
midwestbookreview.com
Amazon and B&N (of course)
Librarything.com
Goodreads.com
Books-a-million.com
Reviewcentre.com
Pinterest.com
and on Twitter

I am always looking for more places to post my reviews.

Saturday, May 22, 2021

Diverticulitis Cookbook

Diverticulitis Cookbook: A Comprehensive Diet Guide with 200 Proven and Delicious Diet Recipes to Prevent Flare-Ups and Improve Gut Health, Sophia Robinson, self-published, 2021

You have just left the doctor's office complaining of cramps and constipation, only to be told that it is diverticulitis. An internet search might provide a list of symptoms, along with a list of foods to avoid. Are you stressed about what you can eat without having a flare-up? This cookbook attempts to give some answers.

It talks about the causes and symptoms of diverticulitis, along with the latest science. The book talks about preventing attacks, and dealing with mild to strong symptoms. There is a list of foods to eat, and of foods to avoid. Included are 200 recipes to improve the health of your gut and prevent flare-ups.

This book feels very detailed and accurate. For anyone with chronic gut problems, whether or not you have been diagnosed with diverticulitis, reading this book is time very well spent.

No comments:

Post a Comment