Welcome!


Welcome!! My name is Paul Lappen. I am in my early 60s, single, and live in Connecticut USA. This blog will consist of book reviews, written by me, on a wide variety of subjects. I specialize, as much as possible, in small press and self-published books, to give them whatever tiny bit of publicity help that I can. Other than that, I am willing to review nearly any genre, except poetry, romance, elementary-school children's books and (really bloody) horror.

I have another 800 reviews at my archive blog: http://www.deadtreesreviewarchive.blogspot.com (please visit).

I post my reviews to:

booklore.co.uk
midwestbookreview.com
Amazon and B&N (of course)
Librarything.com
Goodreads.com
Books-a-million.com
Reviewcentre.com
Pinterest.com
and on Twitter

I am always looking for more places to post my reviews.

Saturday, May 22, 2021

Pancreatitis Cookbook

 Pancreatitis Cookbook: The Ultimate Pancreatitis Guide with More than 120 Easy and Delicious Pancreatitis Diet Recipes to Improve Your Enzymes and Health, Sophia Wilson, self-published, 2021

You have just been diagnosed with chronic pancreatitis. Now what do you do? This book attempts to answer that question.

Acute pancreatitis is a short-term inflammation of the pancreas. Chronic pancreatitis can lead to lead to gradual fibrosis of the gland, which can lead to it losing the vast majority of its function. This becomes a big problem because your body is unable to produce enzymes to absorb some products of the digestion process, including nutrients that come from fats, and sugars.

This book explores the lifestyle and diet changes that are required of someone with chronic pancreatitis. It includes over 100 recipes to improve your health and the condition of your enzymes. Included is a 21-day meal plan to help reduce the frequency, and severity, of attacks.

For anyone who is frustrated by the results of their online search for information on pancreatitis, reading this book is a very good idea. Try just one recipe, and if you don't have an attack, try another recipe. This book is very much worth the reader's time.

No comments:

Post a Comment