Welcome!


Welcome!! My name is Paul Lappen. I am in my early 60s, single, and live in Connecticut USA. This blog will consist of book reviews, written by me, on a wide variety of subjects. I specialize, as much as possible, in small press and self-published books, to give them whatever tiny bit of publicity help that I can. Other than that, I am willing to review nearly any genre, except poetry, romance, elementary-school children's books and (really bloody) horror.

I have another 800 reviews at my archive blog: http://www.deadtreesreviewarchive.blogspot.com (please visit).

I post my reviews to:

booklore.co.uk
midwestbookreview.com
Amazon and B&N (of course)
Librarything.com
Goodreads.com
Books-a-million.com
Reviewcentre.com
Pinterest.com
and on Twitter

I am always looking for more places to post my reviews.

Monday, May 31, 2021

Goal Setting for Entrepreneurship

 Goal Setting for Entrepreneurship, Timothy Presley, Independently Published, 2021

Setting goals for a new business is not much different than setting personal goals. That's what this book is all about.

"I want to be rich." It's a laudable goal, but define "rich." How long are you giving your business to get there? Among the requirements of goal are that it be specific, measurable, achievable and timely. "I want to achieve a million dollars in sales in my first year." It's closer to a good goal. The only problem is that it is not very achievable for a new business. "I want to achieve at least $50,000 in sales in my first year." It's measurable, specific and it has a time limit attached. Break that overall goal into smaller pieces, like monthly sales goals, and, every day, resolve to do at least one goal-oriented thing.

Be sure to write down that overall goal, and post it where you can see it every day. Otherwise, it's a dream, not a goal. Tell someone else about your goal, and ask them to hold you accountable. It's much harder to let someone else down than it is to let yourself down. Try visualization, and using a vision board. Consider setting short, medium and long term goals for your business (6 months, 1 year and 5 years).

Here is an excellent book. It is short, about 50 pages, and it says a lot. This belongs on the reading list of every entrepreneur.

No comments:

Post a Comment