Welcome!


Welcome!! My name is Paul Lappen. I am in my early 60s, single, and live in Connecticut USA. This blog will consist of book reviews, written by me, on a wide variety of subjects. I specialize, as much as possible, in small press and self-published books, to give them whatever tiny bit of publicity help that I can. Other than that, I am willing to review nearly any genre, except poetry, romance, elementary-school children's books and (really bloody) horror.

I have another 800 reviews at my archive blog: http://www.deadtreesreviewarchive.blogspot.com (please visit).

I post my reviews to:

booklore.co.uk
midwestbookreview.com
Amazon and B&N (of course)
Librarything.com
Goodreads.com
Books-a-million.com
Reviewcentre.com
Pinterest.com
and on Twitter

I am always looking for more places to post my reviews.

Friday, June 18, 2021

15 Great Ventures to Start (II)

 15 Great Ventures to Start (II), Sverre Steensen, Upstart Garage Media, 2021

Part of a series, this book presents more great ideas for budding entrepreneurs.

It starts by exploring questions that any entrepreneur has to answer before they start their business. What problem can I solve, or what need can I fulfill? What will my company be called? What is my market: my neighborhood, my town or online? What sort of competition will I have? What will my product or service cost? Will I ask for payment with each sale, or once a month? What about advertising and/or marketing?

There are many questions to answer before you start your business. This book explores ideas like fruit and berry picking, making jewelry, selling used clothes, dog walking, custom t-shirts, baking, recycling and gaming. Each idea includes a complete description of what is involved, along with the fun factor, the success probability, and, most important, the millionaire potential. Of course, running any idea past your parents, ahead of time, is a requirement.

This book is easy to read, and it says a lot. It is recommended for any teen entrepreneur, and it does not ignore the hard work that will be needed to make it work. This easily gets 5 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment