Welcome!


Welcome!! My name is Paul Lappen. I am in my early 60s, single, and live in Connecticut USA. This blog will consist of book reviews, written by me, on a wide variety of subjects. I specialize, as much as possible, in small press and self-published books, to give them whatever tiny bit of publicity help that I can. Other than that, I am willing to review nearly any genre, except poetry, romance, elementary-school children's books and (really bloody) horror.

I have another 800 reviews at my archive blog: http://www.deadtreesreviewarchive.blogspot.com (please visit).

I post my reviews to:

booklore.co.uk
midwestbookreview.com
Amazon and B&N (of course)
Librarything.com
Goodreads.com
Books-a-million.com
Reviewcentre.com
Pinterest.com
and on Twitter

I am always looking for more places to post my reviews.

Sunday, June 27, 2021

Lectins Free Smoothie Diet

 Lectins Free Smoothie Diet, Nicole Gibbs, Independently Published, 2021

 

What are lectins, and why should a person care about them? They are a group of proteins found mostly in grains and legumes. They can help regulate your immune system, and improve your blood protein level. As with many things, having some lectins in your gut is a good thing. Having too many lectins can lead to inflammation and conditions like nausea, diarrhea and vomiting. This book shows how to reduce your lectins using smoothies.

Lectins are in most vegetables, so getting rid of lectins means restricting your diet. Smoothies are a good way to get antioxidants into your body. This book includes recipes for: strawberry banana smoothie, dark chocolate date smoothie, apple pie smoothie and purple power smoothie, among others.

Have you ever heard of lectins? Neither have I. For anyone suffering from any type of digestive problem, this book could be the answer. It is less than 75 pages long, and it is full of information. Besides, there are few easier ways to get nutrition into your body than with a smoothie.

No comments:

Post a Comment