Welcome!


Welcome!! My name is Paul Lappen. I am in my early 60s, single, and live in Connecticut USA. This blog will consist of book reviews, written by me, on a wide variety of subjects. I specialize, as much as possible, in small press and self-published books, to give them whatever tiny bit of publicity help that I can. Other than that, I am willing to review nearly any genre, except poetry, romance, elementary-school children's books and (really bloody) horror.

I have another 800 reviews at my archive blog: http://www.deadtreesreviewarchive.blogspot.com (please visit).

I post my reviews to:

booklore.co.uk
midwestbookreview.com
Amazon and B&N (of course)
Librarything.com
Goodreads.com
Books-a-million.com
Reviewcentre.com
Pinterest.com
and on Twitter

I am always looking for more places to post my reviews.

Thursday, June 10, 2021

Arizona Skies: The Vow

 Arizona Skies: The Vow, S.L. Cruz, CreateSpace, 2019

This trilogy is about Jesse, a rock star whose band, Arizona Skies, is losing popularity. His record label sends him on a Caribbean cruise, to get him away from the destructive rock and roll lifestyle. There he meets Bailey, a young woman who becomes his muse. The attraction between them is immediate. Jesse is able to write some new songs, and the band is back on top. At the end of part two, Bailey is attacked by a fan, and falls to the ground, bleeding and unconscious.

At the start of this book (the last in the trilogy), Bailey is rushed to the hospital; her condition is very serious. Jesse refuses to leave her side, singing to her until she wakes up. After a few days, she is released, and the tour continues.

Being on top in the music business may not be such a wonderful thing. The band members find it very hard to have personal lives. Jesse's record producer signs him to sing a duet with a famous female singer who tries to destroy his relationship with Bailey. Do Bailey and Jesse ever live happily ever after?

This is a very good piece of writing. It's got plenty of romance, good characters, and shows that fame is not all that it's cracked up to be. This is very much worth reading (coming from a non-romance reader).

No comments:

Post a Comment