Welcome!


Welcome!! My name is Paul Lappen. I am in my early 60s, single, and live in Connecticut USA. This blog will consist of book reviews, written by me, on a wide variety of subjects. I specialize, as much as possible, in small press and self-published books, to give them whatever tiny bit of publicity help that I can. Other than that, I am willing to review nearly any genre, except poetry, romance, elementary-school children's books and (really bloody) horror.

I have another 800 reviews at my archive blog: http://www.deadtreesreviewarchive.blogspot.com (please visit).

I post my reviews to:

booklore.co.uk
midwestbookreview.com
Amazon and B&N (of course)
Librarything.com
Goodreads.com
Books-a-million.com
Reviewcentre.com
Pinterest.com
and on Twitter

I am always looking for more places to post my reviews.

Sunday, June 27, 2021

What Is To Come: The Great Reset

 What is to Come: The Great Reset, Thomas Zman, Independently Published, 2021

This novel is about Oliver Cash, who writes a controversial, politically conservative book. He is warned not to publish it, because the liberal readership will retaliate against him. He published it, and they retaliate.

After six months in a medical coma, Oliver wakes to a very different America. The "Great Secession" has split the country into Conservative and Liberal Regions. Being a staunch Conservative, Oliver and his family are trapped in a Liberal Region. Political Correctness is now the law of the land, along with Critical Race Theory. Any words denoting status, including "wife" and "husband" are banned. Oliver becomes a famous "liberal" author, but loses his family. Living as a member of the "one percent," Oliver ultimately has to deal with his hollow achievements.

The reader had better have a very open mind. Agree or disagree with this very plausible view of America, here is some very good writing that will give the reader plenty to think about.

No comments:

Post a Comment