Welcome!


Welcome!! My name is Paul Lappen. I am in my early 60s, single, and live in Connecticut USA. This blog will consist of book reviews, written by me, on a wide variety of subjects. I specialize, as much as possible, in small press and self-published books, to give them whatever tiny bit of publicity help that I can. Other than that, I am willing to review nearly any genre, except poetry, romance, elementary-school children's books and (really bloody) horror.

I have another 800 reviews at my archive blog: http://www.deadtreesreviewarchive.blogspot.com (please visit).

I post my reviews to:

booklore.co.uk
midwestbookreview.com
Amazon and B&N (of course)
Librarything.com
Goodreads.com
Books-a-million.com
Reviewcentre.com
Pinterest.com
and on Twitter

I am always looking for more places to post my reviews.

Sunday, June 27, 2021

Bad Money Habits

 Bad Money Habits, Timothy Presley, Independently Published, 2021

To even begin to get control of your finances, your first step is to know where your money is going. Get a piece of paper, or start a spreadsheet, and record everything (even impulse trips to a vending machine). Next, start cutting some of those expenses.

Do you "need" that item that is on sale, or do you "want" it? The next time you go to the mall, leave your credit cards, and your ATM card, at home. This book also talks about building an emergency fund, investing in stocks and bonds, starting a side business (or two) and planning for retirement.

This is a very well done, and concise, book. For most people, this book may be nothing more than common knowledge. There will always be those for whom this book is a revelation. To help make up for the extreme lack of financial literacy in America, this short book is an excellent place to start.

No comments:

Post a Comment