Welcome!


Welcome!! My name is Paul Lappen. I am in my early 60s, single, and live in Connecticut USA. This blog will consist of book reviews, written by me, on a wide variety of subjects. I specialize, as much as possible, in small press and self-published books, to give them whatever tiny bit of publicity help that I can. Other than that, I am willing to review nearly any genre, except poetry, romance, elementary-school children's books and (really bloody) horror.

I have another 800 reviews at my archive blog: http://www.deadtreesreviewarchive.blogspot.com (please visit).

I post my reviews to:

booklore.co.uk
midwestbookreview.com
Amazon and B&N (of course)
Librarything.com
Goodreads.com
Books-a-million.com
Reviewcentre.com
Pinterest.com
and on Twitter

I am always looking for more places to post my reviews.

Sunday, June 27, 2021

Dream: Destiny is Rewritten When Dreams are Shattered

 Dream: Destiny is Rewritten When Dreams are Shattered, S.Q. Orpin, Wild Hibiscus Press, 2019

Set in the Los Angeles modeling world, Casi Roberts is on top. By day, she is a swimsuit model, and, by night, she lives in the clubs. She also has a celebrity boyfriend, and documents everything on social media.

A chance encounter with (extremely handsome) master carpenter Kyle Jensen changes everything. Their relationship gets pretty passionate, until Casi pushes him away, with help from some "industrial strength" painkillers. She acquired them from another model after a hit and run accident put her in the hospital. Along with Casi's physical scars, emotional scars from her troubled past come forward. Does Casi get Kyle back? Are Casi and Kyle ready to take a chance on love?

This is a very interesting book. It's got romance, beautiful women and a little bit of sex. It's also a captivating and engaging story. This gets 4 stars (maybe 4.5 stars).

No comments:

Post a Comment