Welcome!


Welcome!! My name is Paul Lappen. I am in my early 60s, single, and live in Connecticut USA. This blog will consist of book reviews, written by me, on a wide variety of subjects. I specialize, as much as possible, in small press and self-published books, to give them whatever tiny bit of publicity help that I can. Other than that, I am willing to review nearly any genre, except poetry, romance, elementary-school children's books and (really bloody) horror.

I have another 800 reviews at my archive blog: http://www.deadtreesreviewarchive.blogspot.com (please visit).

I post my reviews to:

booklore.co.uk
midwestbookreview.com
Amazon and B&N (of course)
Librarything.com
Goodreads.com
Books-a-million.com
Reviewcentre.com
Pinterest.com
and on Twitter

I am always looking for more places to post my reviews.

Monday, June 28, 2021

SSAT & ISEE Vocabulary

 SSAT & ISEE Vocabulary, J Stone, CreateSpace, 2017

This book is intended to help students pass the vocabulary portion of the SSAT/ISEE tests.

The author advocates a different way to memorize vocabulary words. Instead of just memorizing the word, the student should associate the word with a word that rhymes that the student already knows. Those words are put together into a silly picture or sentence that the student will remember.

Here are a couple of examples of such sentences. An eagle is not a Feeble creature. You can't Grate grapes. His Prominent nose is his dominant feature. Enemies Conspired to take over the empire. The vocabulary word is the one with capital first letter.

This easy to use book also includes review exercises in the back of the book, with answers included. This book is not just recommended for students preparing for the SSAT/ISEE tests. It is also recommended for any student who just wants to improve their vocabulary.

No comments:

Post a Comment